Indusface, a leading SaaS application security company that continuously detects security risks, provides real-time protection, and improves application performance, announced today that its AppTrana is a DDOS behavior-based application protection offering expanded. DDOS attacks on applications are sophisticated and difficult to defuse. Simple rate limiting rules are insufficient so that sophisticated attacks can go unnoticed. With AppTrana’s Behavioral Application DDOS Protection, which is based on a high-performance big data pipeline and supported by ML concepts, sophisticated attacks such as HTTP flood, volumetric DDOS and complex attack scenarios can be fended off in seconds.
AppTrana’s Behavioral Application DDOS Protection solution leverages its ability to process large volumes of requests in seconds and provides policies that are automatically configured based on the behavior of the application requests, rather than hard-coded limits.
- Behavior DDOS can be configured to be triggered when the behavior of the requests to the application changes, which means that any normal deviation in the requests is taken into account and alerts are only triggered if there is an anomaly.
- By default, three policies are configured that monitor traffic at the host, IP, and session levels
- When an application is onboarded, these policies are configured with a generic value that is appropriate for most applications
- Within a few days after the application has been put into operation, suitable values are derived based on the observed behavior and offer optimal protection
- As it is a fully managed solution, all applications are constantly monitored and in the event of DDOS attacks, security experts are notified, who automatically intervene and perform advanced configurations if necessary.
- Customers can configure additional policies based on their needs. The policies can be configured to take various actions when triggered, including blocking the requests entirely.
This tiered approach enables AppTrana to protect even the most sophisticated attacks without affecting the business.
“AppTrana is known for making application security easy for customers. Building on this, we are proud to present a behavioral DDOS protection solution that can protect against sophisticated DDOS attacks within minutes, with the first damage limitation occurring in less than a minute. Any DDOS protection solution requires a highly scalable infrastructure, and unlike other vendors who have different DDOS scrubbing centers, all AppTrana servers are designed to handle DDOS attacks, “said Ashish Tandon , CEO of Indusface
AppTrana’s Behavioral DDOS Protection is available to all customers who have signed up for the Advance, Advance Plus or Premium Plan.
To learn more, please check out the following resources:
Managed DDoS Intrusion Protection for Applications Click here
Blog – Behavior Application DDOS Click here
Information on Indusface
Indusface is a leading SaaS application security company securing critical web, mobile and API applications from more than 2000 global customers with its award-winning, fully managed platform that includes Web Application Scanners, Web Application Firewall, DDoS, BOT Mitigation, CDN and Threat Intelligence Engine integrated.
The company was financed by the Tata Capital Growth Fund, took first place in the Gartner Peer Insight report “Voice of Customer” for WAF in the overall rating in 2021, is Great Place to Work certified, the platform is compliant with PCI, ISO27001, Soc2 , GDPR etc. and has been awarded many prestigious start-up awards.
For more such updates follow us on Google News ITsecuritywire News.