The plug-in based architecture in both Fortanix and AppViewX enables end-to-end automation to overcome the challenges in managing private keys in a complex infrastructure
The unique capability of creating plug-ins in both platforms provides enterprises with multiple options that cater to the specific needs of that infrastructure. AppViewX acts as the automation and orchestration engine for the lifecycle management of X.509 certificates, and Fortanix Self-Defending KMS ensures FIPS 140-2 Level 3 validated the security of the private keys associated with those certificates in the cloud, on-premises or as a hybrid solution.
AppViewX-Fortanix Joint Solution Highlights:
- Comprehensive data security platform including encryption, key management, HSM, tokenization, and secrets management
- Encrypt and protect private keys using industry-standard, FIPS 140-2 Level 3 certified HSMs with the flexibility of either on-premise or cloud-based services
- Manage and automate multi-vendor X.509 certificates across multiple devices
- Gain visibility and control across all certificates and its keys
- Enforce policies and ensure compliance across the network
- Deliver secure, encrypted communications faster by reducing certificate deployment time by up to 70%
“The Fortanix-AppViewX partnership has proven to be of great value to customers who are looking for a comprehensive data security solution,” said Faiyaz Shahpurwala, Fortanix Chief Product and Strategy Officer. “When enterprises couple our data security services along with AppViewX’s certificate lifecycle management and automation solution, they are able to realize unique benefits and advantages in securing their public, private and hybrid cloud environments.”
The key management and security capabilities of Fortanix Self-Defending KMS coupled with AppViewX’s certificate lifecycle management and automation suite ensures maximum efficiency of certificate and key management programs while preventing misuse and theft of keys. This gives enterprises the visibility and security that their private keys and certificates demand while addressing rapidly changing business needs without compromising on agility and compliance.
“AppViewX is excited to partner with Fortanix to provide customers a cutting-edge solution that promises to secure keys in a hybrid environment,” said Muralidharan Palanisamy, Chief Solutions Officer at AppViewX. “The underlying plug-in based architecture in both AppViewX and Fortanix enables powerful use cases and integrations that address enterprises’ myriad needs. The value realized by our joint customers bears testament to the partnership’s impact on the PKI industry at large.”