Global technology association and learning organization ISACA welcomed its 2021-2022 Board of Directors during its virtual Annual General Meeting today. The new board includes members with diverse backgrounds and a range of expertise from across the globe, including new Board Chair Gregory J. Touhill.
“We are fortunate that these distinguished leaders joining ISACA’s board of directors not only have stellar experience and insights across diverse backgrounds, but in many cases, have already been making tremendous contributions to ISACA and our professional community for years,” says Tracey Dedrick, 2020-2021 ISACA Board Chair. “Their leadership, under Greg’s valuable direction, will advance further innovation and progress toward reaching ISACA’s goals and serving our members and their organizations worldwide.”
Touhill is director of the Software Engineering Institute’s CERT Division at Carnegie Mellon University, a federally funded research and development center focused on working with government and industry to advance the security of computer systems and networks.
Touhill also serves on the AFCEA Cyber Committee and is on the adjunct faculty at Carnegie Mellon University’s Heinz College where he teaches courses for senior cybersecurity leaders. He most recently served as president of the AppGate Federal Group, a cybersecurity and advanced technology company.
A retired brigadier general, Touhill served in the Air Force as a military commander where he also led cybersecurity and information technology programs and received the Bronze Star. In addition to leading cybersecurity teams in the Department of Defense, he has the distinction of previously serving as the US government’s first federal CISO, appointed under President Obama. He has served on ISACA’s board since June 2018 and holds ISACA’s Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) credential.
“I have long been a believer in ISACA’s mission and have seen firsthand the power that its resources, research and thought leadership have had on the global IT and cybersecurity community over the years,” says Touhill. “It is an honor to advance this mission in my role as board chair, and I look forward to driving further innovation in serving our members’ educational and training needs, partnering with academia, industry and government, and progressing best practices.”
Stepping into the vice chair role on ISACA’s board is Pamela (Pam) Nigro, CDPSE, CISA, CGEIT, CRISC, vice president information services and security officer at PWNHealth Chicago, LLC, who previously served as board director.
Before her current role, Nigro held the role of senior director, information security, at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas. She is an adjunct professor at Lewis University teaching graduate-level courses on information security, risk and IT governance and compliance, and a long time ISACA member, volunteer, speaker and ISACA Chicago Chapter leader.
The following 13 leaders were installed on the 2021-2022 ISACA Board of Directors during the meeting:
- Gregory J. Touhill, CISM, CISSP, Brigadier General (ret), Chair; currently director of the Software Engineering Institute’s CERT Division and formerly the first Federal Chief Information Security Officer of the United States government
- Pamela (Pam) Nigro, CDPSE, CISA, CGEIT, CRISC; Vice Chair; Vice President Information Services and Security Officer at PWNHealth Chicago, LLC
- John De Santis, Director; technology executive; past chairman and CEO of HyTrust, (acquired by Entrust); fiduciary board director, ValiMail and Cequence
- Niel Harper, CDPSE, CISA, CRISC, CISSP, Director; Chief Information Security Officer for the United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS)
- Gabriela Hernández-Cardoso, Director; Lawyer with significant experience in the public and private sectors
- Maureen O’Connell, Director; C suite executive experienced in finance, operations and education
- Veronica N. Rose, CISA, CDPSE, Director; Lead Information Systems Auditor, Metropol Corporation, author, and outgoing/former board member with the ISACA Kenya Chapter
- Gerrard Schmid, Director; President and CEO of Diebold Nixdorf
- Asaf Weisberg, CSX-P, CISM, CRISC, CISA, CDPSE, CGEIT; Director; Founder and CEO of introSight
- Tracey Dedrick, Director; Board Chair (2020-2021); C-Suite executive experienced in risk, compliance, treasury and investor relations
- Brennan P. Baybeck, CISA, CISM, CRISC, CISSP; Director; Board Chair (2019-2020); VP & CISO for Customer Services at Oracle Corporation
- Rob Clyde, CISM, NACD Directorship Certified and Board Fellow; Director; Board Chair (2018-2019); Executive chair of the board of directors, White Cloud Security, and executive advisor to ShardSecure
- David Samuelson, Director; Chief Executive Officer, ISACA
“I’m excited to work with this accomplished, talented and diverse board of directors,” Samuelson said. “In our returning board directors and the outstanding individuals who are joining the board, we have a well-rounded group that is ready to steer this proud organization toward an even brighter future.”