Thales today announced the latest CipherTrust Cloud Key Manager innovations that help enterprises meet digital sovereignty demands across leading public clouds including Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure , Oracle Cloud, SAP and Salesforce. Enterprises using these cloud providers can now leverage the Bring Your Own Key (BYOK) capabilities of CipherTrust Cloud Key Manager to increase data security and encryption key ownership.
According to the 2022 Thales Cloud Security Study, multi-cloud adoption is accelerating, with 72% of all companies surveyed utilizing multiple cloud service providers. Additionally, 52% of survey respondents said they manage the keys to their cloud-encrypted data from the cloud provider’s console.
With BYOK functionality, customers can centralize key management across all clouds with external key management services, ensuring full encryption capability and key lifecycle management to maintain control of sensitive data across multiple public clouds.
CipherTrust Cloud Key Manager, the industry-leading multi-cloud encryption key lifecycle management solution, enables customers to migrate to the cloud and manage both cloud-native keys and Bring Your Own Key (BYOK) . Thales’ service supports the growing preference among companies to maintain and control their own keys outside the cloud where their sensitive data is stored, achieve regulatory compliance and unlock the full potential of their multi-cloud environment.
Todd Moore, Vice President of Encryption Products at Thales, said: “Companies across all industries are going to the cloud and migrating their sensitive information in the process. While this has significant benefits, IT professionals also have to deal with the new security implications of this change. We help customers address critical challenges in data governance, risk, and compliance across hybrid and multi-cloud environments, while responding to the growing preference among enterprises to centralize, maintain, and control their high-quality keys for use in a cloud”.
These latest integrations help strengthen customer confidence with their migration to the cloud, knowing their data will always remain private and encrypted, regardless of the location or state of the data. CipherTrust Cloud Key Manager now supports:
- Amazon Web Services with BYOK for AWS GovCloud, BYOK for AWS China Cloud, and support for AWS CloudHSM
- Google Cloud with customer-managed encryption keys, external key management (HYOK), and universal data encryption
- Google Workspace with client-side encryption for Drive, Meet, Calendar and Gmail – marking the first BYOK encryption support for Gmail
- Microsoft Azure with BYOK for Microsoft Azure GovCloud, Microsoft Azure Stack, and Microsoft Azure Managed HSM
- Microsoft Office365 with BYOK via Azure Key Vault
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure with BYOK
- Salesforce/Sandbox with BYOK and Cached-Only Key Service (HYOK)
- SAP with BYOK for Data Guardian
CipherTrust Cloud Key Manager offers a solution that unifies different interfaces in hybrid and multi-cloud environments, presenting these interfaces in a consolidated and centralized view and offering these benefits to customers:
- Delivering Data Sovereignty Controls in the Cloud: Providing customers with the tools they need to protect data anywhere and in any state – at rest, in motion or in use – bringing operational efficiency and increased security to their cloud deployment.
- Enable customer choice across all clouds: Enable cloud migration by maximizing data controls and integrations, regardless of the cloud or cloud mix used.
- Manage risk in an evolving compliance landscape: Ensure vendor independence by demonstrating risk assessment and compliance, enabling portability across clouds.