Accelerating its leadership in high performance backup and recovery for large enterprises and managed services providers, Bacula Systems today announced the inclusion of Snapshot capability to its module for protecting Red Hat OpenShift environments.
Bacula Enterprise is the first broad Enterprise backup and recovery software to offer a fully automated, comprehensive backup of OpenShift environments, including volume snapshots.
Bacula’s module for OpenShift backup and recovery is certified by Red Hat. It follows Bacula’s announcement in December of complete backup and recovery for Docker containers and Kubernetes Cluster configurations, including their persistent data.
Some of the benefits of Bacula’s integrated OpenShift module include:
- Safeguarding states of OpenShift clusters
- CSI snapshots for Red Hat OpenShift Container Storage (OCS) for efficient backup, data replication and migration
- Recovery of applications and persistent data
- Restore Persistent Volumes data to local directory
- Fast and efficient redeployment of a cluster’s resources
- Saving amended configurations for complete security, and restoring to exact same state
- Saving configurations for use with other operations
- Command line and Web GUI for single view backup and restore management of entire IT environments
“Bacula continues to push the envelope of container backup for IT departments by creating more flexibility and choices for Hybrid Cloud, Virtual and Container deployments as well as serving an especially wide range of conventional physical IT environments. The result is more efficiency, lower implementation risk, and extremely high levels of security and customer satisfaction,” said Frank Barker, CEO of Bacula Systems.
Bacula Systems customers include NASA, Texas A&M University, Swisscom, Sky and many more.