BigID, the leader in data discovery and intelligence for privacy, protection and perspective, today introduced a new app that integrates with Snowflake, the Data Cloud company, enabling BigID customers to reduce their risk, improve the security of their sensitive data, and achieve continuous compliance.
Organizations can now natively enforce data access and masking within Snowflake’s Data Cloud based on data discovery and policy controls inside BigID. Joint customers can get even more value from their Snowflake data with BigID providing an extra layer of protection to identify and secure personal, sensitive and privileged data.
Also Read Interview : How CISOs can leverage UEM to Strengthen Cybersecurity
The new BigID Data Access App for Snowflake can help organizations identify, restrict and secure sensitive crown jewels:
- Automatically identify and classify sensitive PII, PHI, NPI, IP, and other hard to find sensitive and regulated data stored in Snowflake
- Define access rules in BigID enforced by Snowflake for who gets access to the data
- Dynamically mask sensitive data without a proxy
- Automate and enforce policies in a unified metadata catalog
- Define, apply, and enforce access policies based on role, sensitivity, and category
- Reduce risk and address data privacy and protection regulations such as GDPR, CCPA, NIST, and others
“This new application allows customers to define their data access and masking policies in BigID and enforce them within Snowflake,” said Jon Mayer, VP, Business Development & Partnerships at BigID. “This gives regulated organizations and companies in geographies with data sovereignty, privacy and security obligations a more streamlined experience for managing data in Snowflake.”
“Snowflake Data Cloud provides secure and governed access to an entire network of data, empowering users to share and consume data across business units and with customers, suppliers, and partners,” said Snowflake Head of Product Management – Security Vikas Jain said. “The BigID Data Access Application for Snowflake allows our joint customers to discover, classify, and automate protection of sensitive and regulated data using Snowflake’s native security and governance policies. The integration runs on auto-pilot allowing customers to spend more time using the data and less time implementing data protection.”
For more such updates follow us on Google News ITsecuritywire News.