TELUS, a world-leading communications and information technology company and NortonLifeLock, a global leader in consumer Cyber Safety, launched TELUS Online Security, which features Norton™ 360 Basic and Norton™ 360 with LifeLock™ Basic Plus providing key cyber safety, device security and online privacy services.
“Our customers’ safety and well-being are of the utmost importance to TELUS. Leveraging our PureFibre network, the #1 network for speed and reliability, TELUS SmartHome Security is a leader in physical security, and now with TELUS Online Security, we are making it easier than ever to help our customers proactively safeguard their data, devices, and online privacy,” said Zainul Mawji, President of Home Solutions at TELUS. “NortonLifeLock has a stellar track record of helping protect consumers’ devices and online privacy, and we’re incredibly proud to be the first to bring their identity protection and identity restoration services to Canada.”
According to the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre, Canadians lost $98 million to fraud in 2019 alone, with the most profitable scam, spear-phishing – where scammers pretend to be from legitimate sources to convince businesses or individuals to send them money – cost Canadians $21.4 million1. We can only expect this number to rise as cybercriminals continue to prey on consumers.
“We are on a mission to help consumers take control of their Cyber Safety around the world,” said Samir Kapuria, President of NortonLifeLock. “Unfortunately, there is no honor with identity thieves, as they are exploiting global events to trick consumers into giving away their personal and financial information across a myriad of scams, fake websites, and malware. We are excited to work with TELUS on the mission to bring our cyber safety capabilities across security, identity restoration and privacy into the TELUS Online Security Plans enabling more people to better safeguard their devices and personal data, as well as provide full-service identity theft restoration help.”
Key features in TELUS Online Security plans include:
Norton 360 Basic
- Device Security: Real-time protection for up to two devices: PCs, Macs, smartphones or tablets against ransomware, viruses, spyware, malware, and other online threats
- Online Threat Protection: Advanced security helps protect your private and financial information when online
- Smart Firewall: Helps protect your device and data from malicious attacks and intrusive eyes by monitoring and blocking suspicious network traffic
- Secure VPN: Access your favorite apps and websites when connecting to Wi-Fi at home or on-the-go with the reassurance of bank-grade encryption with Secure VPN
- Password Manager: Create, store and manage your passwords, credit card information and other credentials online – safely and securely
- PC SafeCam: Alerts subscribers to attempts to access their webcam and blocks those who are not authorized to access it
- Dark Web Monitoring § powered by LifeLock: We monitor and notify you if we find your personal information on the dark web