Privacera, the cloud data governance and security leader founded by the creators of Apache Ranger™, today announced a technology partnership with Dremio, the innovation leader in data lake transformation.
This new alliance ensures joint customers have rapid, self-service analytics across all cloud data lakes with consistent access control policies and rich audits of data usage to comply with industry and privacy regulations.
Dremio makes it simple to run SQL queries directly against cloud data lake storage without making data copies.
A high-performance, high-efficiency query engine speeds analytics processes, while Privacera’s data access governance platform authorizes access to Dremio data lakes, implements consistent access control policies, and automatically enforces and audits them at enterprise scale.
“Empowering our customers to get the most value from their data lakes and enabling rapid time to insight are two of Dremio’s biggest priorities,” said Roger Frey, Vice President of Business Development at Dremio. “Together with Privacera, we’re taking that a step further by helping to ensure data is trusted, secured, and compliant with privacy and industry regulations.”
Also Read: API Security – Top Priority for Enterprises in the Modern Software…
The Privacera-Dremio partnership enables:
- Expanded authorization across data lakes and meta stores, including: Hive, Hive 2.x, Hive 3.x, Glue, S3, Azure, and many more
- Secure data sharing across all business units with table-level access control
- Seamless integration that allows rapid queries and improved productivity with no performance impact
- Reduction in manual processes that alleviates the burden on data teams with a centralized location to enforce consistent controls across cloud services
- Comprehensive access policies to provide rapid data access to data teams
- Full transparency of data access and usage with rich reporting and auditing
- Trusted compliance with privacy and industry regulations like GDPR, LGPD, CCPA, HIPAA, PCI DSS, and more
“Secure, trusted data is an enterprise’s most vital asset. As data lakes house mission-critical data, it is essential we prevent them from becoming data swamps,” said Vince Goveas, Director of Product Management at Privacera. “Our partnership with Dremio provides enterprises with a centralized approach to governing access to data that enables rapid, secure data analysis, without compromising privacy, security, or compliance with ever-changing regulations.”
For more such updates follow us on Google News ITsecuritywire News.