Trellix, the cybersecurity company delivering the future of extended detection and response (XDR), today released findings from a survey of 376 IT and cybersecurity professionals across North America in conjunction with analyst firm, ESG. This survey examined the state of security operations (SecOps) amid a challenging landscape, with 81 percent confirming the cybersecurity skills shortage has impacted their operations.
Survey findings include:
- Users want XDR to address common threat detection and response challenges. Current tools require specialized skills, struggle to detect and investigate advanced threats and aren’t effective at correlating alerts.
- CISOs look to XDR, especially advanced threat detection, to improve security efficacy. They also want XDR to streamline SecOps and bolster staff productivity to alleviate staff shortages.
- SecOps want XDR to prioritize alerts based on risk, improve detection of advanced threats, create greater efficiency in forensic investigations, reinforce security controls and prevent future attacks.
“SecOps teams need a better way to collect, process, analyze, and act upon massive amounts of data,” said Aparna Rayasam, Trellix’s chief product officer. “Trellix meets this need head-on by pulling all the data into one holistic view so teams can work smarter and respond faster.”
Trellix XDR Integrations Update
Since launching as a company early this year, Trellix has continued integration of the McAfee Enterprise and FireEye product lines and made investments into Trellix XDR. To date, the company has:
- Completed the Security Operations platform integration with Trellix Insights for more proactive intelligence to improve detection and response and preempt threats.
- Streamlined XDR workflows and integrated user experiences across the Trellix portfolio.
- Added Trellix Automated Response (TAR) to the cloud-native SecOps platform, giving users flexibility for both on-prem and cloud-based playbooks.
- Integrated Data Loss Prevention (DLP) policy and incident management into the Security Operations platform to enrich an analyst’s context and accelerate workflows.
- Increased email intelligence to improve detection and response of advanced threats and campaigns.
For more such updates follow us on Google News ITsecuritywire News