often security is seen as a burden rather than a strategic business enabler. According to a McKinsey survey, near about 70 percent of organizations are not embedding security into products, services and processes, and around 71 percent of executives say cyber-security concerns impede innovation at their organization. businesses must rethink their approach by weaving security into every part of their digital fabric to achieve a balance between trust and innovation. they must have the flexibility to respond to market opportunities, confident that they can intercept and respond to risks in real-time Instead of creating a steel fortress around their digital ecosystem. A security strategy should offer the flexibility for innovation, and organizations also need to bake trust into their security posture to provide the confidence to innovate and grow.
Complexity undermines security ROI
The security market has never garnered more interest before than it has now. A Gartner survey said that by the end of 2021 spending on cyber-security is expected to exceed $150 billion. However, a recent IBM study revealed that despite more significant enterprise investment, enterprise security effectiveness has declined by 13%.
The increased investment in security technology often creates toolset sprawl for businesses. This introduces complexity, which reduces their ability to detect and manage threat vectors. the average enterprise deploys over 45 unique pieces of security-related technology across its networks.
Security talent is challenging
the demand for cyber-security professionals is on the rise, and so are the expectations of the CISOs and their team following the increasingly sophisticated threat landscape. job satisfaction within the security sector is difficult to achieve. Security professionals face various challenges that include IT projects without security oversight, working with disinterested business managers and of course overwhelming workloads.
to bring security and peace of mind to a business is becoming an endless task with little true protection, slow response time and a lack of flexibility in approach.
Integrating security into the organizational DNA: A different approach
Other than considering security as a just a tick on the checklist, modern digital-first businesses must build scalable real-time security capabilities into the operating fabric of the organizations itself.
the organization goes from being inhibited to being empowered, from being rigid to being flexible as weaving cyber-security into the fiber of the business strengthens operational foundations.
three elements are required to succeed this:
- Capability to dynamically instrument and monitor the entirety of an enterprise domain. The rate of change is significant here.
- Scalability to surface hidden threat vectors (both internal and external) before they cause damage. This demands web-scale processing and correlation capacity that is usually not found within a single enterprise.
- Response capacity to apply deep security expertise within minutes to minimize business interruption and customer risk.
The success path
When enterprise innovation accelerates, cyber-security becomes an enabling element. Adoption of new innovative technologies across the cloud, AI, IoT and remote working domains, can be fast-tracked with the assurance that enterprise and customer data is secure by design.
By taking a three-step approach businesses can overhaul security strategies and implement innovative thinking:
- Alignment to modern and flexible security architecture. Understanding existing security capabilities holistically allows enterprises to recognize technology and resource gaps and build a concise roadmap to a more scalable and modern security posture that support innovation at scale.
- Transformation to weave security into the digital DNA. Investments in organizational and technical capabilities are required to deliver a scalable “secure by design” digital environment.
- Scalability of cyber operations supported from a global security service provider ensures investments are underwritten by deep expertise when required. This also allows the enterprise to focus on innovation and their business value.
For more such updates follow us on Google News ITsecuritywire News